A Finance Manager is required for the Sledmere Estate, Sledmere, East Yorkshire.
Previous finance and office management experience essential. Some form of accountancy qualification will be an advantage.
The Estate is a rurally based private family business comprising let residential, agricultural and commercial properties. We also farm over 2,300 acres in-hand and have an extensive leisure and hospitality division comprising visitor attraction, catering, retail, wedding and events business, holiday letting and the management of a Grade I listed mansion House. The business activities are currently divided between one ownership and two small trusts, all of which are accounted for separately.
There are approximately 12,000 ledger transactions per year. We employ 60 full and part-time staff across the estate and the payroll is monthly circ £60K
The financial records are maintained on Landmark Key Prime. The successful applicant will be required to oversee the finance function of each business enterprise, including the preparation and submission of VAT returns, payroll and employment taxes including PAYE, NIC and P11D’s, pension administration, management of debtors and creditors.
The Finance Manager will be a part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the Resident Agent (Chief Executive) for the financial management of the entire business, including:
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting on budgets and cashflow projections.
- Investment appraisals regarding opportunities on and off Estate.
- Liaising with the Estate’s bankers.
- Liaising with the Estate’s external accountants in connection with the annual accounts and other financial matters.
We are a relatively small team and sharing in the general running of the office and administration of the business will be part of the role.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work in an organised, fast and efficient manner, be 100% confidential and accurate and enjoy working in the countryside as part of a small team.
- The package offered is salary £26-30,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- 5% Employer Pension contribution.
- 22 Days Holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays.