What are the new 2021 visitor guidelines in place regarding COVID-19?
Once again we are having to make amendments to our visitor guidelines in order to comply with the new government guidelines.
We have a thorough safety plan in place to ensure all visitors and members of staff can feel they are in a safe environment and nothing that we can control will deliberately put anyone’s health at risk.
Our pledge to you: To try to keep you as safe as possible while you enjoy your visit
We therefore ask in return: To have your co-operation in keeping to the ‘rules’ and that you also take some responsibility for keeping yourself and others safe whilst you are with us.
You will not be surprised that we will be strictly adhering to the government guidelines in order to keep everyone as protected as possible from the spread or transmitting of the virus.
Here are the key points to remember and adhere to on your visit:
- The grounds and gardens will open from the 5th January for local vistors and friends members.
- Visitors to the grounds and gardens must pre book their ticket online prior to arrival as daily visitor number are limited.
- Friends members do not need to book their visit in advance.
- Essential food shops are open including The Farm Shop and The Pantry.
- The play park, rare breed farm park, Woodyard - garden, gift and home store and pop up cafe remain closed for the time being.
- January open hours are: Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 4.30pm for retail and the grounds and gardens will close at 3.30pm.
- Please make sure you visit in your household bubbles of up to six people and do not mix with any bubbles whilst on your visit.
- You must log in on the track and trace app on arrival.
- Sanitising stations are located throughout the essential shops and we ask that you to use them as often as possible to keep your hands clean.
- We also ask that you strictly keep to social distancing guidelines and keep the required space between you and other visitors and staff members at all times.
- Wear face coverings in any of the shops at all times.
- Stay at home if you are showing any symptoms of the virus.
Have you got extra cleaners? - We have an extra member of staff dedicated to cleaning duty all day around the site.
Is there anywhere to picnic and play? - There are no picnic areas availiable but plenty of space for ball games, Frisbee etc
How are the toilets clean and equipped with hand washing facilities? - Toilets are equipped with anti-bacterial soap and are cleaned on a regular basis.
Can we use cash? - We ask for payments to be made by card rather than cash were possible.
Are the staff keeping to covid guideines? - Yes all members of staff are following a strict hand hygiene routine and have screens and PPE
Are there seats and picnic tables available to use? – Unfortunately all picnic tables and chairs have had to be removed to avoid unnecessary contact.
Can I still bring my dog? – Yes, dogs are welcome in the grounds and gardens on a lead as usual.
1. You do not have to buy an entry ticket to visit the Farm Shop and Pantry and PARKING IS FREE
2. Sledmere House is NOT OPEN at the moment
3. The Grounds and Gardens are open for pre booked local visits and friends members only.
Finally, we very much look forward to welcoming you to Sledmere.