What are the current visitor guidelines regarding COVID-19
Enjoy your visit to Sledmere, we’re so pleased to welcome you back! We have a thorough safety plan in place to ensure all visitors and members of staff can feel they are in a safe environment and nothing that we can control will deliberately put anyone’s health at risk.
Our pledge to you: To try to keep you as safe as possible while you enjoy your visit
We therefore ask in return: To have your co-operation in keeping to the ‘rules’ and that you also take some responsibility for keeping yourself and others safe whilst you are with us.
You will not be surprised that we will be strictly adhering to the government guidelines in order to keep everyone as protected as possible from the spread or transmitting of the virus.
Here are the key points to remember and adhere to on your visit:
- Visiting is every day of the week through summer, this is from 10am until 5pm - tickets are bookable on our website www.sledmerehouse.com. We are still moniter numbers so it’s advisable to book before you visit.
- Sanitising stations have been located throughout the site and we ask that you to use them as often as possible to keep your hands clean.
- We also ask that you keep to social distancing guidelines and keep the required space between you and other visitors and staff members at all times.
- Wear face coverings in any situation you feel the required social distancing may not be possible for any reason.
- Stay at home if you are showing any symptoms of the virus
Have you got extra cleaners? - We have an extra member of staff dedicated to cleaning duty all day around the site.
Which areas can we explore? - You will receive a map at the ticket kiosk when you arrive; this marks out zoned areas including the Rare Breed Farm Park, Walled Garden and various routes around the grounds, some of these have and one way routes that we ask you to adhere to
Is there anywhere to picnic and play? - Yes there designated areas for picnics (please bring picnic blankets), ball games etc highlighted on the visitor map
How are the toilets clean and equipped with hand washing facilities? - All of our toilets are equipped with anti-bacterial soap and are cleaned on a regular basis.
Can we use cash? - We ask for payments to be made by card rather than cash were possible.
Are the staff keeping to covid guideines? - Yes all members of staff are following a strict hand hygiene routine and have screens and PPE
Are there seats and picnic tables available to use? – Yes there are a few seats and picnic tables along with picnic areas.
Can I still bring my dog? – Yes on a lead as usual
1. You do not have to buy an entry ticket to visit the Farm Shop, The Woodyard or our takeaway food outlet (although preference for service will be given to those who have already purchased tickets)
2. We encourage you to book your ticket online in advance to avoid disappointment on the day
3. Sledmere House is NOT OPEN at the moment
4. The Adventure Play, Farm Park, Grounds and Gardens are all open to enjoy.
Finally, we very much look forward to welcoming you to Sledmere. While we have been the closed, the staff have continued to care for everything and are bursting to show you what they have been doing. The garden is beginning to build towards its magnificent early summer show, the Farm Park is full of the cutest foal, piglets, goat kids and lambs, and the grounds and parkland, if we say so ourselves, looks wonderful. Come and ENJOY!